Original painting can be found here.
That's the first stage of another digital painting tutorial, speed painting tutorial or whatever you want to call it.
I knew there is going to be a castle, nothing more than that. In this painting I use the black and white technique so am starting to put the values.
Detailing the background and moving on to the castle while using the simple Chalk Brush and Airbrush.
The straight castle didn't feet, so I choose to put those curvy shaped walls which will be the main form in the whole painting.
You can see at the right a little bridge that starting to be paint. Next, on the bridge I'll put a little figure, as I usually do.
The figure added, some sort of a female alien or something. In addition, Sharp filter is added.
Photo filter - Sepia color.
Adding a few color layers to get a little bit of hue in this painting (Color Balance and Curves) and it's Done
As usual, if you got any questions about the painting process, you are invited to contact me.
This is not really a digital painting tutorial – more a show of a technique.
I use this digital painting technique pretty rarely, as you can see it’s old painting called Freak Clown (2007), he doesn’t even shown in my portfolio.
Feel free to ask questions by contact me,
This digital painting technique based on a drawing made at a paper. The drawing being scanned and placed in the canvas on "Multiply" mode (to avoid the white background).
Than come the painting part that follows the drawing. When I'm happy with the painting I can hide the drawing - which was only the guiding lines.
Digital painting tutorial / process of the painting deep green feelings.
Check the original painting here.
And here’s the digital painting tutorial / process:
1) Putting basic colors with swatches I made. Hard Brush with low Flow. working on small size of something like 1000px width.
2) Adding a few trees. ofcourse far trees, less details, less contrast with background, close trees, the opposite.
3) Now I resize the image to 3000px width and start details. I created 2 custom brushes. 1 for the trees, I want them to duplicate randomly to make it look like a forest. and the other brush for branches for the same reason.
4) Here I took a few green colors with mix of tiny texture brushes and start making ground on a really small area. Then I start duplicate the small area to the whole image, while playing with the size and rotating.
5) Continue duplicating and changing the Blending Mode in the Path area to Color Dodge, to make it more... glow.
6) You can see the whole grass. and the branches at the top I did by taking the ground and masking it with branches brush.
7) Here is the big detailing. actually I work on it by the time of the whole painting, but because it is in one layer it will show like this. So you see I add shades to trees, more grass, more custom random brushes.
8) Here is the big change - the Color Layers. I will not get into details, it's just a mix of a lot of Color Balance (like this one a lot), Curves while changing Blending Modes and Masking a bit. In addition I add those little flowers glowing there in the right bottom of the image.
9) More Color Layers. Overlay Blending Mode Air Brush to create the light effect in the middle. At the end I use Unsharp Mask Filter, that you can notice in the original painting deviation.
As you can see, the first step is all about putting colors. At first, I didn't know what I was going to paint, just what colors it going to be.
From colors you can do everything. I played with them a bit while using the Chalk brush. And voila we have 3 speed paintings.
That’s a speed painting tutorial / process for the painting – Happy Halloween.
If you have any questions about the process you are invited to contact me.
Color palette can be sometimes really helpful.
At first I didn't knew what I was going to paint, so I started with this cave.
Moving on to some lovely tree.
Working on the sky, with a custom clouds brush.
Halloween? why not.
Color layers added - Color Balance + Curves + Photo Filter.
Thought about putting a girl sits on the pumpkin...
Next I'll put a human figure, it didn't went in the way I imagined.
From here it's all about detailing... happy Halloween everyone!
* Using mostly Chalk brush through the whole painting
Here is the digital painting process for the painting Going through changes.
Starting by placing some rough shapes and colors.
Less rough shapes now. We can start see the whole painting
Detailing everything... but something is missing, maybe a boat, a bridge?
Landscape by himself can sometimes be boring, so I added this man on the boat and some bridges.
The hardest part, putting all the shapes together. At first I want it to have an Antarctic cold environment, that's why there is this blue hue.
I didn't do too much printscreens as you can see, but it still nice to see the first 10 minutes of a painting compared to the final image.
Original post of trained monkeys can be found here.